Social Communities & Forums
The conference would like to establish a forum for debate and dialogue on current theory, practice and form of anthropological and literary work in social and cultural conceptualizations of body and awareness. We are inviting papers from all disciplines, which present theoretical and historical study on the overall topic: Body and Awareness. The Discourse between Anthropology and Literature.
Following the trace of Csordas’ anthropology of embodiment and Nancy’s smart theory of “writing the body,” intending to elaborate further on the discourse of semiotics (intertextuality) and phenomenology (intersubjectivity), we would like to include awareness as a phenomenon which we consider pivotal in understanding and deconstructing the common dualities of body and mind, body and self etc.
On the level of discourse we challenge the current crisis in representation to the point of encounter of anthropology and literature and look for ways of ‘incorporating’ awareness/embodiment in cultural theory. Such theory lives up to the blurred shaping of cultural practice as it manifests itself today in all spheres of social, literary and artistic life: concentrating on ambiguous strategies stretching between archive and vision, confinement and transgression, and searching into the human condition of embodied awareness.
In such a context, ‘body’ is becoming both agent and receiver of processes of awareness, while ‘awareness’ remains the witness of both bodily and conscious epistemological and practical acts. Embodiment as lived experience is a cultural phenomenon which can neither be perceived as equivocal with ‘person’ nor as clearly distinct. The process of de-ontologizing the difference and non-difference between body and awareness raises the question: how to objectify the ‘body’ which is our own? Only as an act of eccentric awareness which is simultaneously both the experience of existential presence and the representation of an objectified and recognizable abstraction. Each claim, either of identity or difference between body and awareness leads us into paradoxes, since in both cases while aiming at truth we get entangled in fictions.
Apart from reframing theoretical presumptions about embodiment as being-in-the-world, we want to discuss various modalities of its appearance in the stream of life – from biological, individual, social, political, cultural, narrative and performing formations of the lived body to the ultimately dead body in its social encounters and literary anticipations.
Crucial questions will be raised: Are we in intercultural situations embodied in the same way as on our cultural home-ground? Does every transnational experience require new embodiment? To look for answers we welcome particularly, but not exclusively, studies which depart from multisited ethnographies and postcolonial or migrant literatures which genuinely challenge any given concept and idea of body, awareness and embodiment.
Thus language enters the discourse of experience, and writing on cultural diversities enables the crossing of disciplinary borders as an instance of embodiment that in the same act performs and witnesses its own emergence as a dynamic that goes beyond the negotiations about identity and difference of ‘body’ and ‘awareness’ as separate entities.
We invite papers engaging with such shifting horizons in the discourse on “Body and Awareness” on the levels of human experience, reflection and imagination, in writing, performing arts and rituals, and within social groups as well as individual lives. The impact of rapid global changes forces us into new ways of thinking in the search for meaningful orientations and solutions of emerging problems, locally and worldwide.
Papers might therefore focus on lived experience either in political, religious or artistic and literary spheres of human practice.
Our social communities for various leisure activities include the motorhome forum offering help and advice for participants in the leisure lifestyle activity of camping, campervaning and motorhomes.
City Car Forum
The all-new Peugeot 108 is already packed with character, but customers can add even more by choosing from a wide range of personalisation options. To discuss all aspects of the 108, visit the peugeot 108 forum For body colour, there are eight striking shades, including two which are exclusive to the model: Aïkinite is a golden copper, and Purple Berry, a stunning shade of violet.
Reserved for the three-door hatchback are two versions of two-tone paint, Purple Berry and Zircon Grey, or Diamond White and Aïkinite. Anyone opting for the 108 TOP! cabrio model has the choice of three retractable fabric roof colours – Black, Grey or Purple Berry.
In addition, there are seven personalisation themes, three interior ambiences and a choice of six trims. The Peugeot 108 will cater for every taste.
Since times immemorial yoga had been practiced by Hindu saints and monks. Lots of benefits are there when a person does Yoga. Here are some of these benefits.
- Physical benefits of Yoga: The asanas performed by you while performing yoga regularly helps to make your body strong. Yoga is an exercise which makes your joints flexible and your muscles stronger. It also helps to make your spinal cord and joints flexible at the same time it also increases your body reflex. It is with the help of yoga that you are able to shape your body; it also maximizes your preservance and stamina as well.
- Cardio vascular effect of yoga: When you do Yoga exercises especially Pranayam, it has many positive effects on your cardio vascular health. Pranayam is nothing but a form of breathing exercise. It is Pranayam with the help of which you will learn how to control your breathing – with better control over your breathing, you will be able to improve your cardio vascular health. Pranayam will aid you in controlling your blood pressure and at the same time it will eradicate the chances of you having any sort of cardiac diseases.
- Yoga helps to improve the digestive system: Yoga has a direct bearing on our digestive system. When we practice Yoga regularly, it ensures the secretion of the digestive juices properly thereby ensuring the proper functioning of the digestive system. Lots of asanas are there in Yoga which will help to ensure a healthy digestive system. With Yoga, you will be able to eradicate any sort of digestive problems and you will also be able to get the nutrients from your diet.
- Effect of yoga on nervous system: One major advantage of doing Yoga is that you will be able to get mental and psychological benefit. This is because Yoga is considered to be the union of mind and soul. Pranayam is known to have positive effects on your mind by helping you to get rid of all your stress and tension that is part of today’s life.
- Improvement in Mood: When one practices Yoga it has a calming effect. This is because while performing yoga the practitioner will be able to experience a greater sense of pure happiness and he will at the same time feel more contented from the practice.
While practicing Yoga the practitioner should keep in mind that these are not the only benefits of Yoga. Lots of other benefits are there which can be discovered with further research and learning.